Week of: July 27 – August 3
This will be a short and sweet recap. Official half marathon training hasn’t started yet, so I’ve been all over the place. Looking forward to establishing a routine again (and hoping my motivation returns!).
I’ll highlight just my runs over the last week:
- 1 mile @ 11:00 pace
- As soon as I walked out the door it was like standing in an oven.
- 1 mile @ 10:57 pace
- 82 degrees at 6 AM with a ‘feels like’ temperature of 90!
- 3 miles @ 10:37 average pace
- Not only was it 72 degrees, but it FELT like 72 degrees too!
- My calves are extremely tight, which has been reoccurring for me lately.
- I can tell that I need to work on activating my glutes, which is something I don’t usually do while running.
Total Distance –
- A measly 5 miles.
- This was an interesting week for me. I feel like I’ve let the heat get the best of me mentally this summer. I’m not sure if it’s actually hotter and more humid, or if I’ve just had a harder time coping with it.
- Last year I struggled with a lot of stomach troubles after running in the heat, which is something I’ve managed to avoid this year (yay!). Does anyone else have the same problem?
- I’m glad I managed to get in 3 runs, even if they weren’t the originally planned distances. Running on vacation is tough, especially when you eat as much as we do!